Tag Archives 夜上海论坛IG

Restaurant MICHELIN’S star was officially awarded

first_imgOne of the historic days for both our gastronomy and tourism is certainly a great success and recognition of the restaurant Monte from Rovinj, which became the first and only Croatian restaurant with a MICHELIN star.Late last week, Metro, which is a global partner of the MICHELIN guide, officially handed over the MICHELIN star to the Monte restaurant. Along with Monte, twelve restaurants from the Istrian County – Meneghetti, Batelina, San Rocco, Konoba Morgan, Zigante, Marina, Damir & Ornella, Konoba Čok, Sv. Nikola, Wine Vault, Alla Beccaccia and Pergola – entered selection of MICHELIN’s gastro guide for 2017 and presented them with plaques in METRO in August, the so-called MICHELIN plates.”METRO recognized the strength and potential of Istrian gastronomy in 2014 when we opened the first wholesale center in Istria adapted to hotels, restaurants and caterers. METRO has also cooperated with MICHELIN’s guide in Croatia in order to help Croatian restaurants and caterers take their place on the gastronomic map of the world.”, Said Roberto Mancuso, President of the Management Board of METRO Cash & Carry Croatia, adding that more than a third of METRO customers in Croatia come from the HoReCa sector, including 32 restaurants with a MICHELIN recommendation.With more than 100 years of experience in restaurant selection, the MICHELIN guide today recommends more than 20.000 restaurants in 30 countries around the world. Whether it is Europe, Asia or America, MICHELIN inspectors apply the same criteria in assessing the quality of every restaurant they visit anonymously. Using a unique process perfected over the decades, the MICHELIN guide has become an international reference for fine-dining, and the MICHELIN guide plaque is an official recognition that the restaurant is part of the 2017 selection. The MICHELIN guide presents a selection of the best restaurants and hotels in the 28 countries it covers.last_img read more

Indiana DNR ‘Owl Cam’ shows second brood of chicks

first_imgIndianapolis, In. — The barn owl pair on a DNR nest cam in southern Indiana is raising a second brood of chicks unusually late into the nesting season.The existence of a bonus round of chicks in 2017 is good news for barn owls because they are an endangered species in Indiana. In 2015, only 10 barn owl nests were reported statewide.The mother owl laid this second clutch of eggs in late September, which is just within the standard barn owl breeding season from March to October. But this year was the first time this pair laid eggs that late while on the nest cam.Five chicks hatched from the second clutch.On Dec. 5, DNR nongame bird biologists inspected the chicks while placing identification bands on their legs.Three chicks were healthy, whereas two were much smaller. The healthy chicks will likely survive until fledging. The average number of chicks fledged per nest is two to three, so having three survive is normal, according to Allisyn Gillet, DNR Division of Fish & Wildlife nongame bird biologist.“The survival of the chicks will depend on food availability over the next few weeks,” Gillet said. “There must be enough prey to feed both adults and chicks in order to have a successful second nest.”This pair successfully raised and fledged six chicks in late spring.A barn owl pair has been living in this DNR-built nest box inside a metal pole barn in southern Indiana almost every year for the last eight years.Barn owls were once common in the Midwest, living in hollow trees and wooden barns, and hunting for meadow voles in hayfields, idle grain fields, pastures and other grasslands. But many wooden barns are being torn down, and few modern farms offer the land a barn owl needs for hunting.The goal of the webcam is to promote public interest in birds and raise awareness about efforts to support barn owls.DNR’s Wildlife Diversity Program has been placing nest boxes for barn owls since 1984. The nest boxes, like the one the webcam owls use, give owls a safe place to raise their young. More information is here.The barn owl webcam can be viewed anytime with an unlimited number of viewers here.The barn owl is one of more than 750 animal species, including many rare and endangered animals, supported by the DNR’s Wildlife Diversity Program. WDP depends on donations to the DNR Nongame Fund. You can donate here.last_img read more

49ers out of Antonio Brown sweepstakes, report says

first_img Antonio Brown isn’t ‘angry’ with Steelers, but still wants trade In an exclusive interview with ESPN, Brown clarified that he isn’t “angry” with the organization that drafted him in the sixth round in 2010, but he still wants to be dealt. He also discussed Steelers GM Kevin Colbert and his recent remarks about quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.Colbert said Roethlisberger “has 52 kids under him, quite honestly,” and expressed his desire for players to turn to the veteran as a mentor.”He pretty much just explained what I already had told everyone,” Brown said. “He just confirmed it. He confirmed everything I said.” Richard Sherman: Free agent Earl Thomas ‘going to Dallas’ if money is equal One team appears to be out of the running for Antonio Brown.According to NFL Media, which cited unidentified sources, the 49ers “won’t be in play” for the Steelers wide receiver, who requested a trade from Pittsburgh earlier this month.center_img The report noted that Niners general manager John Lynch has not engaged in discussions with the Steelers, even though San Francisco was rumored to be one of Brown’s preferred destinations.The Steelers already have made it clear that they would rather not send him to an AFC North team or the Patriots. Related News Brown has been active on social media since he missed the Steelers’ final week of practice and sat out the regular-season finale against the Bengals amid an alleged feud with Roethlisberger.He posted a lengthy video on his Instagram account last week while doing cardio on an elliptical, making it clear that he wants a new team, guaranteed money and a different nickname in his fresh start.The recently dubbed “Mr. Big Chest” has also dealt with some legal troubles, including an alleged domestic dispute and being found guilty of reckless driving after failing to make a court appearance. He had been cited for driving over 100 mph in Pittsburgh in November.last_img read more

MLB trade rumors: Padres’ offer for Noah Syndergaard includes multiple major-league players

first_imgDespite that, there is no indication a deal is close between the two organizations.Have heard Padres made offer of multiple Major-League players for Syndergaard. No evidence the sides are close however.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) July 30, 2019It has been repeatedly reported New York is not going to trade players at the expense of competing in 2020. Related News The Padres’ talks with the Mets regarding Noah Syndergaard focused on prospects in the beginning before progressing to major-leaguers. Twenty-four hours before the deadline, there still is no indication anything is close. https://t.co/Fm6fRiMyci— Dennis Lin (@dennistlin) July 30, 2019It is likely the Padres offered either one or more players like Hunter Renfroe and Franmil Reyes in their proposal to the Mets. They play the same position so at least one is expendable, but the Mets need all the outfielders they can get in return for Syndergaard so San Diego could have dangled both in the deal.But no matter what, the proposal wasn’t enough to land the righty, so MLB continues to wait on the Mets who seem to have cornered the market. The Mets are not backing down from their high price tag for Noah Syndergaard.The Padres have put together a package that includes multiple MLB players for the big right-hander also known as “Thor,” according to MLB Network’s Jon Heyman. In turn, the Mets have been asking teams for other MLB players that would help fill out the roster after Syndergaard’s departure. They recently proved they were committed to adding top talent when they acquired Marcus Stroman from the Blue Jays in exchange for two minor-league pitchers.As for San Diego, it has been engaged with New York for a long time in regards to landing Syndergaard, according to The Athletic, but there is still no movement on that front.center_img MLB trade rumors: Padres’ offers for Mets starter Noah Syndergaard have been ‘especially light’ MLB trade rumors: A’s asking Mets about Noah Syndergaard, Zack Wheelerlast_img read more

Mason City’s mayor says aquatic center will not open right away, slight chance pool might be able to open later this summer

first_imgMASON CITY — The City of Mason City has announced they will not be making preparations for opening the city’s aquatic center for the time being.Mayor Bill Schickel says due to the many challenges and uncertainties presented by COVID-19 and its impacts on summer aquatic programs in the community, the Park Board during their meeting Tuesday night decided to delay the opening of the center due to the level of public congregation that takes place at aquatic facilities and the demand for properly trained and certified staff required to operate the facility.   “The park board met Tuesday night and made a decision to postpone indefinitely the opening of the pool. There’s a lot of logistics to opening up the pool.”Schickel says though if the current public health emergency conditions impacting the safety of pool operations dramatically change, the city could decide to open the facility at a later date this summer.   “The Park Board and our staff will keep the option open should things change dramatically, there’s a slight chance that the pool might be able to open.”Governor Reynolds’ executive order on Wednesday kept all public swimming pools across the state closed.last_img read more

Coach Landi Wins US$200,000 Salary Case against Liberia

first_imgItalian coach Roberto Landi has won a mammoth case against Liberia for his wrongful sacking as manager of the national team, Lone Star, and is demanding US$200,000 for settlement, football Chief Musa Bility has announced.In a press conference yesterday at the Blue House, he said the former Italian coach won the case recently when he formally complained the LFA to FIFA Disciplinary Committee after his dismissal in 2012.Bility, in a poignant tone, said the LFA has appealed to Coach Landi, through FIFA about Liberia’s inability to pay US$200,000 and has requested a negotiation, which Landi has consented.“Coach Landi is expected in the country tomorrow (today) for negotiations and we expect it will be fruitful,” Bility said.Accordingly, Coach Landi has already received US$10,000 from the LFA to kick-off the negotiation and he might continue managing the Lone Star to complete his term of the remaining 13 months.In 2011, the LFA replaced Coach Landi after the untimely death of Hungarian Coach Bertlan Bicskei. Coach Landi was sacked after poor results with the national team.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more