… says decision within a monthNegotiations that were done during a meeting with the high-level task force some time ago to determine whether or not teachers will be entitled to an increase in their salaries is now at the hands of Cabinet.This was according to Education Minister Nicolette Henry, who earlier this week informed media operatives that recommendations were made during the discussion and these were submitted to her for initial evaluation. However, the final resolution will be made after the matter is debated at the level of Cabinet.“The High-Level Task Force of Public Education met and they would’ve made some recommendations in so far as emoluments are related to teachers. That was one of the many issues that was discussed, and they would’ve submitted to me a document which I have reviewed and which I will have to discuss with my Cabinet colleagues as the subject Minister.She explained that other factors surrounding the increase were also raised and were therefore considered before the initial document was crafted.“Prior to that discussion of course, we had to look at the feasibility based on what was proposed and so there were several instances of back and forth with the High-Level Task Force. Cabinet, I suppose, will be able to make an announcement which many will be able to benefit from in a month’s time. ”She noted that while the increase in wages was an important aspect of the discussion, several other issues were highlighted, and recommendations were accordingly made. Again, it was recorded that a response will be made within the period of a month.“It’s much more than salary issues. Coming out of that process, there would be a number of recommendations that we would’ve found favour with and so we intend to move with that in the shortest possible time. Speaking in terms of relativeness, I will say we will see something in about a month’s time or thereabout.”Earlier in April, the High-Level Task Force was engaged in a meeting, whereby the factors affecting teachers were discussed, with the possibility of them receiving an increase in their monthly salaries. However, in May, it was revealed that the matter was within the remit of the Finance Ministry.The original proposal suggested by the Guyana Teachers’ Union (GTU) called for a 50 per cent increase for 2018 and the next two years.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Swedish businessman involved in the high-speed crash of a rare Ferrari on a coastal highway was charged Monday with embezzlement and other counts involving the alleged theft of a collection of exotic cars. Bo Stefan M. Eriksson, 44, was scheduled to be arraigned later Monday on felony charges of embezzlement, grand theft and possession of a gun by a felon. He also was charged with two misdemeanor counts of drunken driving. Eriksson, a former executive with the European video game company Gizmondo, imported two Enzo Ferraris and a rare Mercedes worth an estimated $3.8 million, prosecutors said. The cars were owned by British financial institutions and leased to Eriksson, Deputy District Attorney Steven Sowders said in a statement. The lease agreement did not allow Eriksson to take the cars out of Great Britain, Sowders said. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREOregon Ducks football players get stuck on Disney ride during Rose Bowl event Eriksson’s attorney, Ashley D. Posner, declined to comment on the charges. Authorities contend Eriksson, arrested in early April, was behind the wheel of an Enzo Ferrari — one of only 400 made — when it wrecked Feb. 21 on Pacific Coast Highway in west Malibu. The car crashed into a pole at 162 mph, totaling the $1 million vehicle. Eriksson told police he was only a passenger in the car and that the driver was a German acquaintance he knew only as Dietrich. He said Dietrich ran into the hills, but a search by deputies turned up no one. Detectives questioned Eriksson’s story, noting that only the driver’s side air bag had blood on it and Eriksson had a cut lip. During a search of Eriksson’s house in Bel-Air, authorities said they discovered a handgun. Prosecutors said the weapons charge stemmed from a counterfeiting conviction against Eriksson in Sweden in the early ’90s. Bail was set at $5 million, prosecutors said. If convicted on all counts, Eriksson could be sentenced to as many as 14 years in state prison.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Most Popular In Football Instagram @stevesidwell14 Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? Son ban confirmed as Tottenham fail with appeal to overturn red card Hoddle played and managed Chelsea and was the man who brought Ruud Gullit to Stamford Bridge Premier League Team of the Season so far, including Liverpool and Leicester stars Hoddle won 53 caps for England from 1979-88, while as manager he took his country to the 1998 World Cup finals in France, qualifying on the back of a memorable 0-0 draw away to Italy.A two-time FA Cup winner with Tottenham, Hoddle also had success on the continent, lifting the UEFA Cup with the London club in 1984 and the Ligue 1 title in Monaco in 1988.He had spells as a player/manager with both Swindon and Chelsea and also had stints as manager at Southampton, Tottenham and Wolves. “Everybody who knows Glenn would agree, is there a nicer bloke anywhere than Glenn Hoddle?“I’ve never heard him say a bad word about anyone, he’s just a lovely guy – a great footballer and a great person.“The staff and everyone at BT were amazing, the whole group there were great on Saturday.”Hoddle, who came through the ranks at boyhood club Spurs before later playing and managing Chelsea, is likely to be in everyone’s thoughts this weekend when the two rivals meet at Wembley. Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won BEST OF shining Hoddle appeared in good spirits and fine health during his morning appearance on BT Sport Forbes list reveals how much Mayweather, Ronaldo and Messi earned this decade Every time Ally McCoist lost it on air in 2019, including funny XI reactions 3 Ronaldo warned Lukaku how hard scoring goals in Serie A would be before Inter move REPLY REVEALED Oxlade-Chamberlain suffers another setback as Klopp confirms serious injury Berahino hits back at b******t Johnson criticism – ‘I was in a dark place at Stoke’ Hoddle enjoyed a celebrated career at Spurs, winning two FA Cups and the UEFA Cup no dice “After being taken ill on Saturday 27th October, Glenn received specialist care at St Bartholomew’s Hospital in London,” a statement read.“To aid his recovery from a cardiac arrest, Glenn underwent surgery. He responded well to treatment and is now at home recuperating from the procedure.“The care that Glenn received from St Bartholomew’s Hospital was exemplary. His family would like to thank the hospital staff and the many people who have sent supportive messages. ADVICE Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade huge blow RANKED 3 MONEY Glenn Hoddle is “recuperating at home” after suffering a cardiac arrest last month.A spokesman for the former Tottenham, Chelsea and England player said on Friday that Hoddle, who fell ill shortly after finishing work for BT Sport, had received “exemplary care” from St Bartholomew’s Hospital in London. Getty “Doctors have outlined that rest is paramount for Glenn now. With that in mind, his family ask politely that their privacy is respected and that Glenn is given time to recover fully.”Recalling the shocking incident, Harry Redknapp told talkSPORT at the time: “I was with Glenn on Saturday morning and I thought he looked fantastic.“He’d been golfing last week and he’d been working with BT doing the PSV v Tottenham game.“It was a shock but hopefully he will make a full recovery now. We need him back. REVEALED 3