Tag Archives 一品楼 黑龙江信息

Donegal angling groups invited to apply for infrastructure funding

first_img Twitter 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Pinterest Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th WhatsApp Pinterest Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Homepage BannerNews Donegal angling groups invited to apply for infrastructure funding Google+center_img Angling groups in Donegal are being invited to apply for a share in a €500,000 funding package to improve access and infrastructure for anglers.Inland Fisheries Ireland has announced the Capital Works Fund which is aimed at any group that is willing to provide car parks, create walkways or carry out other similar works.The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 8th of November.Suzanne Campion, Head of Business Development at Inland Fisheries Ireland says if a group has not finalised their application for funding by the deadline they are still eager to hear from them………….Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/susanne.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Facebook By admin – October 19, 2016 Twitter Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Google+ Previous articleDonegal Flood Management Plans go to public consultation todayNext articleRheumatology clinics to resume at LUH admin WhatsApp 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan firelast_img read more

Black men arrested at Starbucks settle with city for $1 each and $200K for a nonprofit student program

first_imgMelissa DePino/ABC News(PHILADELPHIA) — The two black entrepreneurs who were arrested at a Philadelphia Starbucks last month for sitting at the cafe without ordering a drink have reached a settlement with the coffee chain and the city.While the dollar amount that Starbucks settled for was not disclosed, the city will pay the men each $1, and promised a $200,000 investment into programs that support aspiring young entrepreneurs, according to the Philadelphia Mayor’s Office. Donte Robinson and Rashon Nelson, both 23, said they were at the downtown Philadelphia Starbucks for a business meeting and were waiting for a potential business partner to arrive before ordering beverages at the time they were arrested on April 12.Cell phone footage of the two black men being cuffed and paraded through the coffee-shop went viral, sparking protests and outrage at the apparent racial profiling.“I am pleased to have resolved the potential claims against the City in this productive manner,” Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney said in a statement to ABC News today.“This was an incident that evoked a lot of pain in our City,” he added, saying the pain “would’ve resurfaced over and over again in protracted litigation, which presents significant legal risks and high financial and emotional costs for everyone involved.”He praised Nelson and Robinson for partnering with the city “to make something positive come of this.”“This agreement is the result of those conversations,” Kenney added, “and I look forward to seeing the fruits of this effort in the coming months and years.” As part of their agreement with the Philadelphia, Nelson and Robinson have decided not to pursue a lawsuit against the city and released the city from all claims for a payment of $1 each, the Philadelphia Mayor’s Office told ABC News.Furthermore, Philadelphia will fund a $200,000 grant to a nonprofit for a pilot program for public high school students who aspire to be entrepreneurs, according to the mayor’s office. Robinson and Nelson will not receive any money from that grant. Shortly after their arrest, Robinson told “GMA” that when the police officers first arrived at the Starbucks, he initially thought, “They can’t be here for us,” saying they “have meetings at Starbucks all the time.”Robinson said they had been working on the venture for months and were “days away from changing our whole entire situation, our lives, and you about to sit here telling me I can’t do that? You’re not doing that.”In the immediate aftermath of the incident, Starbucks CEO Kevin Johnson slammed the treatment of the men and their arrest as “reprehensible.” Starbucks also announced in a statement it will be closing over 8,000 of its stores in the U.S. for an afternoon at the end of May “to conduct racial-bias education geared toward preventing discrimination in our stores.” Johnson thanked Robinson and Nelson in a in a statement today “for their willingness to reconcile.”“I welcome the opportunity to begin a relationship with them to share learnings and experiences,” he added. “And Starbucks will continue to take actions that stem from this incident to repair and reaffirm our values and vision for the kind of company we want to be.”In addition to the undisclosed settlement between Starbucks and the two men, Starbucks also announced they will fund Robinson and Nelson’s college degrees at Arizona State University through one of Starbucks’ education programs.Robinson and Nelson said in a joint statement today that they “appreciate the opportunity to have meaningful discussions” with Johnson and others “to address hard issues.”The statement continued: “We all recognize the importance of communication about differences and solutions, and that we will be measured by our action not words.”Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.last_img read more

Iconic Gold Coast mansion has been given a multimillion-dollar tropical update

first_img122 Commodore Drive, Paradise Waters.FEEL a wave of calm wash over you as you step inside this stunning Surfers Paradise oasis. After living abroad for 16 years homeowners John and Frances Houston believe the Gold Coast was the closest thing to paradise. The couple bought the mansion at Paradise Waters in 2010 after they were attracted to its style and spaciousness. 122 Commodore Drive, Paradise Waters.Rebuilt with the help of international architectural and interior design practice Burley Katon Halliday, the house was designed for entertaining. “We have four dishwashers and a Sub-Zero fridge,” she said. “We celebrated my husband’s birthday and the chef catering for us was very impressed with the quality of the kitchen for a house. My husband and I love to cook.” The family said the mansion remained locked up most of the time.“We travel a lot so we don’t get to celebrate the house as much as we would like and it isn’t being used much at all,” she said. 122 Commodore Drive, Paradise Waters.Mrs Houston said when she and her husband bought it they wanted to breathe new life into it. The couple set out to rebuild the mansion which took them 18 months.More from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North3 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa23 hours ago“It was wonderful the way it was but we wanted to give it a 21st century fit out with the latest technology and modern finishes,” Mrs Houston said.“It isn’t ostentatious it is one of those iconic homes where less is more and it sure does have a powerful impact in a house of this size,” she said. 122 Commodore Drive, Paradise Waters.“The house is north east facing and we felt like we had found a slice of the tropics right here on the Gold Coast,” Mrs Houston said. “We lived in Phuket and Thailand for many years so it really did feel like a home away from home and it was our top choice to raise our daughter. “It certainly ticked all the boxes.” The three-level mansion oozes luxury from the entrance with a driveway that leads to a grand porte cochere and a dramatic butterfly roof. Massive pivot doors welcome you in to the foyer where a stunning double staircase frames a view of the Gold Coast skyline. 122 Commodore Drive, Paradise Waters.Mrs Houston said her favourite part about the design was the tropical style and Zen-feel it gave her. “Anywhere you look you will get a glimpse of tropical gardens or water,” she said. “The majority of the house is glass, greenery and light. There isn’t a dark space in the whole house so you constantly feel relaxed.” 122 Commodore Drive, Paradise Waters.A secret bar and home cinema are the perfect entertaining features while a sliding door opens to reveal a library. “When I am home my go to place is the living room, it is surrounded by greenery and I get an instant sense of peace,” she said. 122 Commodore Drive, Paradise Waters.“We have a lot of international friends and it is always a wonderful time when we have them over to visit.” With imported limestone floors from Italy and Aretusa marble the property is swimming in luxury finishes. last_img read more

Eric Dungey evolves into a smarter quarterback as a rising sophomore

first_img Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on April 1, 2016 at 2:31 am Contact Matt: [email protected] | @matt_schneidman Eric Dungey wasn’t supposed to be the starting quarterback after one game. He wasn’t supposed to hurdle defenders, which he did in 2014 and got his high school fined. He wasn’t supposed to dart out of the pocket and take hits to the “upper body,” which sidelined him for four games in 2015.Dungey rarely heeded then-Syracuse head coach Scott Shafer’s advice as a raw first-year signal-caller, but with a change in head coach has come a change in attitude.“Obviously I’ve got to be smarter with my body,” Dungey said.First-year head coach Dino Babers maintains the quarterback competition is still open, but if Dungey retains his first-team spot he’ll play the role of a transformed player. He acknowledges he took “unnecessary” hits. He admits he was too much of a freshman, eager and anxious to make plays on his own. He concedes the immaturity of a statement he made after a triple-overtime loss to Virginia that encompassed the biggest flaw of a freshman who didn’t show many: “They want me sliding and not taking any shots. It’s not really in my nature.”That was after a game in which Dungey hurdled a safety on the goal line for a touchdown while being leveled in the side of the head, a microcosm of the talent and recklessness that complicated a potential bright spot in a lost season. Now, Dungey doesn’t defend his flaws. By design, he’ll be more of a pocket passer in Babers’ offense and Dungey likes it that way. He’s crafted an understanding of the balance between sliding and running, adding an educated dimension to a player whose right arm will likely carry a team that will show off its new-look everything in the spring game on Saturday at 11 a.m.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text“Any time that the quarterback is in a safer spot in the pocket and he’s not out trying to take on linebackers and D-ends, everyone feels a lot safer,” quarterback Zack Mahoney said.David Salanitri | Staff PhotographerEach time Dungey escaped the pocket after his first head injury, it was only a matter of how cringeworthy the reactions would be, even before the play ended. He built up a reputation that any scramble could end in a bone-crunching hit and put a fledgling career in danger based on the fate of a fellow SU signal-caller. Last year, sophomore quarterback AJ Long was medically disqualified after suffering a third concussion at SU in practice before Syracuse traveled to South Florida.Dungey missed one third of the season because of injury and took four visible shots to the head, one each against Central Michigan, Pittsburgh, Virginia and Louisville. It wasn’t specified how many resulted in concussions, but Dungey didn’t think about potentially being in the same company as Long.This year, the cringes will come far less often. Teammates crack a grin when asked if they’ll feel more comfortable with Dungey in the pocket, not looking like a true freshman in the open field.“To me that’s, ‘Thank God,’” senior offensive lineman Omari Palmer said. “I plan on him staying in the pocket seven, 10 seconds.”On March 8, Palmer said Dungey hadn’t been running as many triple-option sets and read options as he did last year. Two weeks later, Dungey said he was still trying to fine-tune his accuracy in the pocket and put on weight. He’s around 214 pounds now, he said, and has a realistic goal of getting to 220 before the regular season.A bigger, bulkier, more pass-happy quarterback will take the Carrier Dome turf on Saturday and show what he couldn’t for the final three games of last season. Defenders are forbidden from making contact with quarterbacks, so nobody has to worry about Dungey taking another avoidable thunderous hit.But when opponents are trying to do just that come September, Dungey will have a stock-piled knowledge of how to balance running and sliding to go along with a more efficient cannon that could be inaccurate on deep balls last season. He’s developed that repertoire by studying Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson.“When we first got here,” Babers said, “we told him that’s somebody he needs to look at.”“There’s no reason to get five yards and take a huge hit rather than just slide and get four yards,” Dungey said.And though that polished arsenal won’t be on full display this weekend, Dungey will show flashes of what’s to come. It’s exactly what he did last year, but he never got to finish a season chock-full of potential.He now has a fresh start and Syracuse has a fresh staff. Babers has predicated his past success on no-huddle offenses, and he’ll look to do the same at Syracuse. And while Dungey may be slowing down, the offense that he’ll likely have the keys to won’t.“Like coach said, ‘Quarterbacks pass the ball, receivers catch the ball, running backs run the ball,’” Dungey said. “It’s not really our job to get hit. That’s really the big thing, just taking care of yourself.” Commentslast_img read more