10 January 2013South African new vehicle sales grew by 9.2 percent to 623 914 units when compared with a total of 571 415 new vehicles sold in South Africa in 2011, the National Association of Automobile Manufacturers of SA (Naamsa) said on Wednesday.Naamsa director Nico Vermeulen said export sales performed relatively well during 2012 and stood at 277 844 vehicles, which was the second highest annual export figure on record.“On balance, 2012 turned out to be a year of relatively solid growth.“New vehicle sales generally, and new car sales in particular, performed well above initial expectations despite a slowing economy,” Vermeulen said.He said motor industry-related sales turnover had grown by about 11 percent and reached about R182-billion in 2012.New vehicle export sales were estimated to have added a further R52-billion to the total industry revenue.SA’s track record ‘firmly established’Vermeulen said South Africa’s track record as a car manufacturer had been firmly established, with vehicle exports currently destined for 148 international markets.Total industry exports were projected to reach about 361 000 units during 2013, he said.On the assumption that the South African economy would grow in real terms by three percent in 2013, Naamsa projected an increase of 7.3 percent in vehicle domestic sales.December sales up 1.8% y/y New vehicle sales ended 2012 on a positive note with a year-on-year increase of 1.8 percent in December, Naamsa said.A total of 46 016 vehicles were sold in December 2012, an improvement of 825 on the previous year.The new passenger car market recorded a year-on-year increase of 7.6 percent, which was supported by a strong demand from car rental companies, a sector which accounts for 14.3 percent of total sales.Export sales recorded a substantial year-on-year increase of 5 554 units or 39.2 percent.Naamsa said that after extensive discussions, Mercedes-Benz would resume full reporting of its new vehicle sales and exports.In December 2011, the German manufacturer withdrew from reporting its sales to Naamsa after a global directive by its parent company Daimler AG. Sapa
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The Soil Health Summit 2019 with Soil Health Partnership was the largest ever—360 registered attendees made their way to St. Louis to learn and network. A diverse group including farmers, corporations, educators and environmental groups spent two days talking about soil health. The summit provided many takeaway messages and insights of interest. Here are just a few: Enthusiasm for learning new sustainability practices and adopting new farm management tools to protect and improve soil is not being slowed by a prolonged downturn in the farm economy. Many farmers, landlords, and others are investing in the long game to assure more sustainable and profitable agriculture. SHP outreach is building a diverse coalition of partners from farms all the way to consumers. The program and the network being created is growing rapidly. The common interest of proving the latest farming techniques, building healthier soils, cleaner water while maintaining farmer profitability is getting positive attention outside of agriculture, including with elected officials. Early in-field research shows no statistically significant yield drag from using cover crops and organic matter is increasing. More than 60% of the funding for the summit came directly from farmers or through their commodity organizations, like Corn Growers Associations, reflecting a major commitment that bodes well for the future. Sponsors like McDonald’s, Environmental Defense Fund, Bayer, Cargill, state corn and soybean commodity groups, National Corn Growers, The Nature Conservancy, Corteva, Tyson and others provide more than just funding for a one-time event. They are key partners throughout the year in SHP’s efforts to research, educate and advocate for soil health initiatives, providing a valuable link from farmers to consumers.
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
The Australian Sports Commission (ASC) and the Australian Government Office for Women have distributed the following information regarding the 2005 Sport Leadership Grants for Women. The program is aimed at providing women with an opportunity to undertake certified sport leadership training. This program builds on the grants program offered in 2004, opening the grants out to all areas of Australia, with an additional category for women in high performance coaching and officiating. However, the grants will maintain a selection priority to women in rural and remote communities. The program offers grants in five key areas: * High Performance coaching and officiating; * Indigenous women in rural and remote communities; * Women in disability sport; * Women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; * Women in general sports leadership, eg: coaching, officiating, club development and management, board and committee skills and sports medicine. The Program provides successful applicants with a one-off grant of up to $5,000 for individuals (applications must be through an incorporated organisation) and up to $10,000 for incorporated organisations. The types of projects eligible for funding include: * Industry qualifications/ statement of attainment as part of a nationally accredited course, eg: accreditation through the National Coaching or Officiating Accreditation Scheme * Conducting and attending sport specific leadership courses Applications for the grants close on Friday 28 January 2005. The ASC’s information booklet and application form are available to be downloaded here: WOMEN IN SPORT LEADERSHIP- GRANTS INFORMATION/APPLICATION FORM If you require any further information about the grants please call (02) 6214 1103 or email: [email protected]
The Haka sets the scene nicely for day twoA stirring rendition of the Haka from the invitational New Zealand Under 16â€™s side set the tone and scene for day two nicely. Up against the strong Central Queensland (B) team, the Kiwis delivered also on the scoreboard with an outstanding 8-7 victory in the dying stages against their Queensland and older counterparts.The young Kiwis will be buoyed by that success following some lopsided results on the opening day. The NZ girls 16â€™s team showed great composure earlier in the day against the SW-Qld Swans, only to go down 4-8. The 2017 Trans-Tasman at the Sunshine Coast a little early for these future stars to bloom, but certainly showing some promise for the future and perhaps a preview to the Youth Trans-Tasman in Auckland next January.Pool A and B blockbusters in the boys â€“ Pool A match one to behold!Going into this Pool B leadersâ€™ match both NSWCCC and Central Queensland (A) team were almost level pegging with tries for and against with a near thirty-point differential apiece such was the closeness between both sides.And the match of the day at that point played out accordingly with not a struck match between both sides for most of the game. At the half-time break the rain tumbled down and seemingly so too though NSWCCCâ€™s chances in this match, eventually going down 4-10 to the stubborn and sublime Bulls outfit. While stopping short of a clinic it was certainly clinical by the Bulls.For those tuning in via live streaming or at the packed Sunshine Coast grandstand across in Pool A, they certainly got full value for what they witnessed. It was the NSW Development team who started and finished well against the Pool leaders, North Queensland Cyclones, and seemingly took a bit of wind out of the Cyclonesâ€™ hitherto dominant force, while also turbo charging their own claims to the title.In one of the best matches of the tournament and of the highest quality, the â€˜NSW Devâ€™ showed true grit to somehow pull back the game from the mire and a late NQ lead to secure the win, 7-6. For team mentor and TFA-BLK Ambassador, Sam Brisby, it was a very pleasing and entertaining win: â€œThe boys really dug deep and hung in till the end. I actually got up the boys a bit at half-time and it was good to see them respond (and to the Coaches) and hang in, keep to the structures and especially at that age.â€ The match was notable too for the officiating by SAâ€™s Amanda Sheeky who controlled the match with aplomb along with her male colleagues.The CHS boys jostling for position wellIn Pool C, NSW CHS boys asserted their dominance and credentials for the title outclassing the South Queensland Sharks, 6-4 in another game of the day. The NSW CHS boys survived an earlier scare against the South-West Queensland Swans pipping them at the post 5-4, ahead of their encounter against the Sharks mid-afternoon.For the NSW CHS boys Assistant Coach and Australian Menâ€™s Open star and stalwart, Scott Buckley the side is quietly confident of their chances, despite the close scorelines today. â€œWe have a lot of boys from the country in this team and only one from the city, so it has been a bit of a challenge to get the group together but theyâ€™re going great,â€ he said. â€œTheyâ€™re a great bunch of boys here and while we are led well by a couple of key players, including Jesse Curtis and Jack Flanagan, we are really forging ahead as one and building in confidence this week with everyone contributing. The key is there is no one star or stars though; itâ€™s a real team effort but Jesse is leading well from the front and organising the boys on the field equally so.â€Quality with a Capital Q-SSTBoth QSST boys and girls teams again sent a reminder and served notice to all competitors. The girls saluted first with a 6-1 victory over the strong South Queensland Sharks to go along with the 10-0 QSST victory over the Sunshine Coast boys to close out the morningâ€™s proceedings. The boys then followed up with a 14-3 win over SA while the girls got their finals campaign purring early with a win over South-West Queensland Swans late in the day. With both sides sitting comfortably atop respective ladders, they wonâ€™t be looking into the rear view mirror from here, rather, straight ahead to finals day.Cobras girls closeâ€“out Catholic CollegesBrisbane Cobras and NSWCCC girls played out an epic under lights in the dayâ€™s penultimate match. Three tries apiece with three minutes to go, it was the spilt chance at one end by NSWCCC that gave Cobras the ascendancy and ultimately the win via an outstretched dive with a minute to play. Australian Womenâ€™s player, Emma Sykes was instrumental along with a number of her Cobras team-mates in the win. Fair to say though the NSW CCC side were very impressive against a highly fancied Cobras outfit and both look finalsâ€™ ready on top of their Pool B ladder.â€˜Devâ€™ downs CHSIn what shaped as an intra-state special to close out the day, it was the NSW development girlsâ€™ team that staked its claim for the game against CHS and for later honours, going into the break 4-1 and finishing the job strongly running out 6-3 victors. The top of the table clash in Pool C was willing with both teams fighting hard for territory in the rain with the handling very good considering the conditions. NSW Dev Team mentor, Danni Davis joined her co-coaches in celebrating the win, post-match. â€œThey played absolutely outstanding, I’m really really proud of them. Credit to NSWCHS they didn’t give it to us easy, it was a grinding game, but we got up and it was a really good game.”To view more highlights from Day 2 of 2016 NYC, visit the NYC website. Related Filesss-packages-pdfss-packages_01-pdfRelated LinksWrap up of day 2
Salihamidzic in talks with Hudson-Odoi family about Bayern Munich moveby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveBayern Munich chief Hasan Salihamidzic has held talks with Chelsea attacker Callum Hudson-Odoi about a move to Germany next month.Bayern have upped their bid from €15m to €20m in the last 24 hours after being encouraged in talks with the player’s camp.BILD says Salihamidzic has spoken with Hudson-Odoi’s family about a career plan they have mapped out for the teenager.The 18 year-old is tied to Chelsea until 2020 and leaning towards leaving in January.For his part, Blues manager Maurizio Sarri says: “He’s still a very young player, we’ll have to wait a bit. But in the future he will be a very, very strong player, I’m sure of that.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
ANN ARBOR, MI – NOVEMBER 17: Fans of the Michigan Wolverines react to a 14-3 loss to the Ohio State Buckeyes on November 17, 2007 at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan. (Photo by Gregory Shamus/Getty Images)It may be June, but Ohio State and Michigan are in mid-season form in the trash talk department. Saturday night, Buckeyes wide receivers coach Zach Smith, taking exception to what appears to be a recruiting pamphlet produced by Michigan, blasted the Wolverines on Twitter. Smith, who is clearly ticked off that Michigan is is promoting its assistant coach Jedd Fisch as a better alternative for recruits to develop under, fired back, boasting about Ohio State’s three victories in a row over the Wolverines.Smith also predicted a fourth straight victory and posted a photo of all of the rings he’s won in his coaching years. It’s strong.U mad bro?? #LevelsToThis #IfTheyAintHatingYouAintPoppin pic.twitter.com/QhnJceNL4W— Zach Smith #Zone6 (@CoachZachSmith) June 7, [email protected] that’s all they got?!— Darron Lee (@DLeeMG8) June 7, 2015Check my Resume… And if it’s confusing… Check my live resume next November. It will be the same resume as the last 3 Novembers.— Zach Smith #Zone6 (@CoachZachSmith) June 7, 2015Back to my regularly scheduled Saturday… #ThisAintWhatYouWant #Zone6 pic.twitter.com/6bxT0IoN3E— Zach Smith #Zone6 (@CoachZachSmith) June 7, 2015Jim Harbaugh and his staff certainly aren’t bowing down to Ohio State. But the Wolverines may want to win a few games before they start comparing anything between the two schools.
Chris Stewart APTN National NewsDozens of leaders are meeting in Enoch First Nation, Alberta to discuss treaty rights.The plan is to develop a unified voice to talk to federal government.
WASHINGTON – There’s no question: The shock-and-awe approach to trade disputes is having an impact in the early days of the Trump administration, with the stunner of a 219-per-cent duty on Bombardier just the latest example of the new tariff-happy, America First climate in Washington.Donald Trump’s commerce secretary even bragged about it when announcing a first duty late Tuesday. In a statement, Wilbur Ross touted a 48 per cent increase from last year in anti-dumping and countervailing cases initiated by the U.S. Department of Commerce.That’s on the heels of a study that found a 26 per cent spike in U.S. trade actions against G20 partners in the first half of this year from the same period in 2016, according to the Center for Economic Policy Research’s Global Trade Alert.Just ask Canadian softwood-lumber producers. They’ve been tasting that punitive medicine for months.The latest decision rewarded Boeing with duties practically three times higher than the U.S. aerospace giant asked for, as it argued that Bombardier’s subsidies from Canadian taxpayers gave it an unfair entry into the U.S. market.Ross appeared to agree: ”The U.S. values its relationships with Canada, but even our closest allies must play by the rules.”It’s only the beginning.As a matter of fact, trade experts consulted late Monday agreed on two things: There’s time to fight back, and friendlier battlefields to fight on. They urged the Canadian government to choose its battles wisely, and not needlessly escalate the dispute.One trade-policy analyst at Washington’s free-market Cato Institute criticized the U.S. department that handled the initial decision.He said later arbiters won’t likely be as hostile.The raison d’etre of the Department of Commerce’s enforcement unit is to protect U.S. companies, said Dan Ikenson — it even offers counselling services to help U.S. companies prepare their complaint.It sides with American petitioners more than 90 per cent of the time and will certainly clobber Bombardier again with a new anti-dumping duty as early as next week, he said.”The Commerce Department is a pit bull,” Ikenson said.”They see it as a sign of success (when they impose a duty)… They’re political.”It’s different in other forums, he added.The case later heads back to the U.S. International Trade Commission, which must determine whether Boeing has actually suffered and, if not, could cancel the duties. Historical stats show a perfectly even track record: 39 per cent affirmative decisions, 39 negative, with 22 per cent of cases withdrawn.And he’s urging the Canadians to try their luck in a third venue: the U.S. domestic court system’s Court of International Trade. He said that court is actually friendlier to foreigners, siding with them in a majority of cases.He said that’s a smarter route than a fourth venue: NAFTA’s Chapter 19 dispute process. He said U.S. policy-makers might find Chapter 19 easier to ignore, given that the current Trump administration hates it, wants to get rid of it in the new NAFTA, and might relish the opportunity to pick a fight challenging its authority.”I’m convinced the courts will find mischief (from Boeing),” he said.”I can’t understand their claim of injury… They don’t even make these damned planes (Bombardier makes).”He compared Boeing’s complaint to a snow-plow salesman suing a bicycle-maker. He also noted the irony of Boeing suing anyone over government assistance, since it’s the No. 1 recipient of government support through the U.S. Export-Import Bank — referred to jokingly in Washington as “the Bank of Boeing.””Boeing is very much at the trough,” he said.Duties are still months away.That’s because the order of up to 125 Bombardier CS100s doesn’t start heading to Delta before the spring. That makes the dispute different from softwood, where producers got whacked immediately on log exports.That will buy both sides more time, said Canada-U.S. trade lawyer Mark Warner.”Everybody’s going to get worked up over this,” said Warner, of MAAW Law in Toronto. ”But calm down, everybody. There’s a ways to go.”It would be a mistake for the Canadian government to make rash decisions in two specific areas, Warner said: the purchase of Boeing Super Hornet fighter jets, and the Chapter 19 discussion in NAFTA negotiations.Canada, he said, should make those other decisions on their merits — and not muck up already-sensitive processes like military purchases and NAFTA.”Keep this out of NAFTA,” he said. ”Have a conversation about Chapter 19 that’s cold-blooded.”The same advice came from a Washington aviation consultant who said he thinks Boeing messed up. Richard Aboulafia said the giant risks hurting itself in a number of global partnerships, over a tiny plane purchase.But he thinks Canada would be compounding the mistake by dragging the issue into the NAFTA discussion: ”Will it? Yeah, you know it might,” he said. ”Should it? Oh God, no. Look this is a very discrete case best decided by experts.”