The beloved trio known as Moon Hooch began innocently enough, with three music students busking in the subways of New York City. Those days are long in the past now, however, as their approach to dance music has cemented their place as musical innovators. With two horn players, Mike Wilbur and Wenzl McGowen, alongside drummer James Muschler, the band creates an intoxicating sonic display with each and every performance.With two albums in the books, Moon Hooch is gearing up for their third-ever release, Red Sky. Due out on June 10th, Moon Hooch’s new release pushes the boundaries even farther, using electronic technology to add mystifying effects to their organic instrumentation. The new elements of Moon Hooch’s music are almost too innumerable to count: Electronic Wind Instruments, a “Reverse DJ” setup with saxophone sounds running through Ableton, vocal contributions from Wilbur, and more.Not only that, but Muschler travelled to India to immerse himself in percussion-oriented music. The band also champions meditation and environmental causes, and themes of consciousness – both self and environmental – run rampant throughout the release. At the heart of Moon Hooch is dance music, which is the cornerstone of Red Sky.With the new album due out in just a few short weeks, the band has offered us a first listen single premiere. Tune in to “Booty House” from Moon Hooch’s upcoming Red Sky release, below.Wilbur spoke to us about the creation of “Booty House,” saying, “This track was made in our old basement in Brooklyn after smoking a large spliff. It was a time where as a joke I would blast happy hardcore music and dance around the house. I guess that influenced this track.”You can pre-order Red Sky by following this link. Be sure to check out the band on the road throughout Europe and North America; full schedule below.Moon Hooch Tour DatesMay 27 – Norwich, UK – Norwich Arts FestivalMay 30 – Bristol, UK – The LanternMay 31 – Liverpool, UK – Arts ClubJune 1 – Glasgow, Scotland – O2 ABCJune 2 – Bergen, Norway – Nattjazz FestivalJune 12 – Newport, UK – Isle of Wight FestivalJune 16 – Hammonton, NJ – BearfestJune 18 – Wurtsboro, NY – Destination MoonJune 24 – Londonderry, VT – Frendly GatheringJune 25 – Stratford, CT – Two Roads Brewing CompanyJune 27 – Edmonton, Canada – TD Edmonton International Jazz FestivalJune 28 – Vancouver, Canada – TD Vancouver International Jazz FestivalJune 29 – Victoria, Canada – TD Victoria International Jazz FestivalJune 30 – Montreal, Canada – Montreal Jazz FestivalJuly 2 – Lewes, UK – Love Supreme FestivalJuly 12 – Manchester, UK – Band on the WallAugust 11 – Darrington, WA – Summer Meltdown FestivalAugust 13 – Tamarack, ID – Huckleberry JamSeptember 17 – Liverpool, UK – Arts Club Loft
Topics : The town served as an important stronghold for the LNA during its attack on Tripoli and the Kaniyat fought alongside the LNA in the southern suburbs of the capital.A GNA justice ministry official, Nasser Ghaita, said it had issued 23 arrest warrants over the case and asked for UN technical help. The GNA said on Saturday that “entire families” had been killed.The LNA has denied its forces were responsible for any of the bodies found in the mass graves and has called for the United Nations to investigate reports of violations committed by pro-GNA forces in Tarhouna. GNA forces found 106 bodies in the hospital and local people discovered eight mass graves around Tarhouna, prompting the United Nations to call for an urgent and open investigation.Libyan Red Crescent representative Faisal Jalwal told a news conference that 29 of the bodies found in the hospital had been identified and that they included women and children.Kamal Al-Siwi, head of the GNA’s missing persons bureau, said about 10 bodies had been disinterred from one of the eight mass graves that had been found.Tarhouna had for years been controlled by the local Kani family and its armed group, popularly known as the Kaniyat, which had been loyal to different sides during Libya’s chaotic civil war. Bodies of children were among those found in the Libyan town of Tarhouna after eastern-based forces and their local allies withdrew this month, Red Crescent and Tripoli government officials said on Tuesday.The evidence of what rights groups have called possible war crimes came as Libya’s frontlines suddenly shifted, displacing thousands of civilians and leaving a trail of landmines hidden in residential areas.The internationally recognized Government of National Accord (GNA) retook Tarhouna, southeast of Tripoli, on June 5 as an offensive by the eastern-based Libyan National Army (LNA) to capture the capital collapsed.
The rebels belonged to the SuyakPlatoon, Southern Front, Komiteng Rehiyon Panay led by Joven Ceralvo alias Lex,said Pancito. The leg-wounded Sergeant Janny Labrador of the 61st Infantry (Hunter) Battalion (61IB), on the other hand, was hospitalized. A hot pursuit operation was launchedafter the rebels retreated. A New People’s Army fighter was killedwhile a Philippine Army soldier was wounded. After the rebels retreated, soldiersrecovered an M16 rifle, antipersonnel mine, medicines, backpacks, kitchenutensils and subversive documents of high intelligence value, according toCaptain Cenon Pancito III, spokesperson of the Philippine Army’s 3rd InfantryDivision (3ID). The 30-minute encounter happened ataround 8 a.m. There were an estimated 15 rebels. As of this writing, the dead rebelremained unidentified. This unidentified New People’s Army fighter is a casualty in an encounter between rebels and troops of the Philippine Army’s 61st Infantry Battalion in Barangay Ongyod, Miag-ao, Iloilo yesterday morning, Sept. 23, 2019. After this rebel’s companions retreated, soldiers recovered an M16 rifle, antipersonnel mine, medicines, backpacks, kitchen utensils and subversive documents of high intelligence value. 61ST IB PHOTO ILOILO – Government troops and rebelsclashed in Barangay Ongyod, Miag-ao town yesterday morning, three days after askirmish there Friday last week. “Iniwannila ang kanilang namatay na kasama para mabilis ang pagtakbo nila,” said Pancito. An hour before the Miag-ao encounter,rebels fired shots at the detachment of the Citizens Armed Force GeographicalUnit in Sitio Sambag, Barangay Dagami, Maasin town. There were no casualties orinjuries. “The Maasin harassment was adiversionary tactics of the rebels. They did not know we have more soldiers inMiag-ao ready to engage them,” said Pancito. “This group is hampering not onlydevelopment projects in the area but also the people’s peaceful lives,” saidLieutenant Colonel Joel Benedict Batara, 61IB commander. https://www.facebook.com/PanayNews/posts/2289561801113591 On the other hand, Major General DinohDolina, commander of the 3ID, called on the rebels to surrender and look afterthe welfare of their wounded rebels. “Don’t leave them. Surrender them tothe government for proper medical attention. Your Army will be happy to acceptand help your companions,” said Dolina./PN