Tag Archives 苏州夜场群

Home alone elderly woman confronted by 22-year-old

first_imgNewsLocal NewsHome alone elderly woman confronted by 22-year-oldBy admin – July 31, 2012 835 A PROBATION report has been ordered for a convicted drug addict who kicked open the bedroom door of an old age pensioner in search of money while she slept.  Ray Tully of O’Donnoghue Avenue, Janesboro, pleaded guilty at Limerick Circuit Court to the burglary of the home of his 86-year-old neighbour on June 3, 2011. Tully pleaded guilty to burglary and to criminal damage at the address after he gained entry to the house by breaking a downstairs window.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up State evidence was given where an elderly lady was home alone on the night in question, when she was confronted by a raider who kicked open her locked bedroom door before he fled the scene.The pensioner contacted her nephew who, in turn, contacted Roxboro Garda Station.Tully was arrested two days later and made admissions to breaking the window and causing the damage valued at €500 and entering the property in search of money to feed his drug habit.“I was stoned out of my head,” he told gardai when questioned about the incident, “but I wish I could apologise to that lady now”.The woman, who suffered no injury only the trauma of the frightful experience, it was said, had locked her bedroom door for security reasons as she lived alone.Tully told gardai that he thought the house was unoccupied and that there might be something contained in the locked room.The court heard that the accused had previous convictions for criminal damage, possession of drugs and public order incidents. He also had convictions for the possession of a knife and certain implements as well as for theft.22-year-old Tully received a short sentence for a similar burglary matter, Judge Carroll Moran heard, and that he was on remand since December 11 last.Mark Nicholas, defence counsel, said that the accused fell into heroin addiction when he was 15 and that issues developed connected to his drug taking.The court heard that Tully immediately left upon finding the pensioner inside and that it was not a “clever” crime and something that was more “spontaneous” than anything else.He added that Tully was dealing with his addictions, and a letter from his drug counsellor was furnished to the court.Judge Carroll Moran adjourned the matter until October 2 next, remanded the accused in custody and asked for an updated report from the Probation Services. Twitter Facebook Linkedin Printcenter_img Email Advertisement WhatsApp Previous articleStored over 90,000 cigarettes for ‘sinister group’Next articleHijacked taxi driver tells court of panic attacks adminlast_img read more

Sainsbury’s reaches 100% British flour target

first_imgSainsbury’s 400 in-store bakeries are now using 100% British flour, sourced with the help of farming co-operative Camgrain, announced the supermarket.Following work with Camgrain on converting its flour, the switch has been completed a year ahead of Sainsbury’s target.Sainsbury’s claimed it is now the only supermarket to source all its flour for its in-store bakeries from UK farms, offering full traceability. Beginning its work with Camgrain last year, the supermarket has now extended its contract with the co-operative until 2011.”Providing customers with freshly baked bread through- out the day, using quality ingredients, is at the core of our in-store bakeries,” said Sainsbury’s chief executive Justin King.”The provenance of those ingredients is a key issue for us and our customers, and in completing our conversion to 100% British flour we’re able to establish an efficient and traceable UK food chain, which underpins our commitment to British farmers.”Camgrain has just opened a new grain storage and drying facility near Cambridge, which was planned for 2012, but increased demand pushed the completion date forward.last_img read more

Burundi accepts AU military observers “in principle”

first_imgBurundi president Pierre NkurunzizaBurundi  has flatly rejected AU calls for further delays to the polls, with parliamentary elections planned for June 29, ahead of the presidential vote on July 15.However, it has  agreed “in principle” to the deployment of African Union military observers and human rights experts to monitor key elections following weeks of political unrest.“Military experts, human rights monitors, observers – we say that in principle there is no problem, there is no objection,” Foreign Minister Aime-Alain Nyamitwe told AFP.But Nyamitwe said they would be allowed in only after setting out conditions following “consultations” with the AU.You do not send military experts to a country without having held consultations,” Nyamitwe added, calling on the AU to clarify details about the observers, including their mandate, their number, and which countries they will come from.Polls were postponed following weeks of demonstrations that were brutally suppressed by security forces, and after a failed coup attempt last month by a section of the army.The decision to send at least 50 observers was taken by the continent’s leaders at an AU summit last weekend in South Africa “to verify the process of disarming the militia and other armed groups”, the 54-member bloc’s peace and security commissioner Smail Chergui said.Meanwhile human rights reports say at least 70 people have been killed, 500 wounded and over 1,000 jailed in weeks of political violence in Burundi.Burundi has been in a political quagmire  since April over President Pierre Nkurunziza’s controversial bid to stand for a third consecutive five-year term.Opposition groups have termed the move as unconstitutional and a violation of a 2006 peace deal that ended 13 years of civil war.More than 100,000 people have fled the violence to neighboring countries.last_img read more